Anthem Research Data Mgr(Sr. Clinical Data Mgr)-PS13452 in Wilmington, Delaware
Research Data Mgr(Sr. Clinical Data Mgr)-PS13452
Location: Watertown, Massachusetts, United States
Requisition #: PS13452
Post Date: 3 days ago
Recently acquired by HealthCore, Inc., a health services research firm, headquartered in Wilmington, DE. Founded in 1996, and now an independently –operating subsidiary of Anthem, Inc., Healthcore/NERI provides care system, biopharmaceutical industry, academia, and the Federal Government with “real-world” data to improve the quality, safety, and affordability of healthcare. Healthcore’s projects range from retrospective to large scale, prospective studies in the areas of drug, vaccine , and medical devices safety surveillance, risk management, pharmacoepidmeology, health outcomes, pharmacoeconmomics, and comparative effectiveness research.
New England Research Institutes (NERI) was founded in 1986 and has grown to become a research organization with a global reputation for high-quality research, innovative thinking, and the use of state-of-the-science tools and techniques. NERI continues to be a leader in public health research, clinical trials management, epidemiology, and state of the art media and dissemination research.
This position requires proven data management knowledge and skills in a variety of settings from pivotal to complex and multi-vendor and therapeutic and non-interventional studies. The Research Data Manager leads activities on multiple projects and directs the work for other assigned resources. They are able to work with minimal supervision individually or as part of a project team. This position requires time and resource management skills, and understands critical milestones and predecessors leading to significant project deliverables, and interdepartmental product hand offs.
Senior Clinical Data Manager (Research Data Mgr) must be located either in Watertown, MA or Wilmington, DE and is not a remote role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
In addition to normal data management activities, the Research Data Manager performs the following duties for a substantial portion of the time:
• Assists or develops data management plan for study design and database content development.
• Configures the data content collection in the EDC system per the research protocol, and may oversee or peer review the configuration for other DMs.
• Responsible for eCRF testing, edit check development and configuration, documentation, and user training prior to going live.
• Per project needs, programs specific reports in the EDC system or using SAS, writes reports specifications as required by the project’s needs.
• Assists in the dissemination of results/findings and maintains communication patterns with physicians, hospital staff and study sponsors.
• Acts as liaison with all study team members and other functional groups on all levels, on technical requirements for database development and data quality within a study.
• Oversees data management activities to ensure that the protocol and statistical expectations are understood, timelines are met and communications remain open.
• Work cooperatively and constructively to develop effective solutions to operational data management problems.
• Actively contributes to the review of working practices and data management SOP’s.
• Demonstrates GCDMP knowledge and practices.
Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in social or biological science or computer science plus 5 years research experience and at least 3 or more years of significant data management experience; or an MPH or Master's degree in a related field and two plus years of significant data management experience; or equivalent combination of education and directly related experience; Prior SAS programming experience and/or supervisory experience/training preferred;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
Good communication, organization and writing skills, ability to coordinate and monitor the quality of research data collected; proven skills in a variety of data management software such as EDC, SAS, and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Previous EDC programming experience strongly preferred.
Working at Healthcore:
In addition to a dynamic work environment, Healthcore offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits program including a 401(K) plan; health, dental and vision insurance; discounted fitness club membership; life, AD&D, short and long term disability insurance coverage, tuition assistance, an employee stock purchase plan and free parking. As an independently operating subsidiary of Anthem, Healthcore offers the resources of the nations’ leading health benefits company in a small company environment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran