Anthem Sales Internship (MO) - PS7192 in St. Louis, Missouri
Sales Internship (MO) - PS7192
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Field: Administrative Support
Requisition #: PS7192
Post Date: Jun 06, 2018
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The intern will experience a professional sales office and will learn the sales and retention process from product design, underwriting / pricing for appropriate risk to customer service and claims payment. Qualified candidate will interact with Account Executives, Account Managers and sales related departments. Intern will also have the ability to assist in important project work - such as competitive analysis, work flow process improvement. While the majority of time will be dedicated to the Sales department, a rotation in other important sales related departments will give this intern a full understanding of the world class products and services Anthem delivers.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment, in a team environment and on an individual basis
• Self motivated, organized, team player, customer-focused attitude, attention to detail
• Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Possess strong written and oral communication skills
• Highly proficient on the PC with advanced use of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, and Social Media
• Basic understanding of both business and health insurance products
• Enrolled in a program of study at an accredited college or university majoring in Economics, Finance, Communications, or Business Majors with GPA of 3.0 or better.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran