Anthem, Inc. Outreach Specialist in San Francisco, California
SHIFT: Day Job
These are work from home opportunities, but the Outreach Specialist must reside in Sacramento County or San Francisco County since these positions require face to face interaction with Sacramento and San Francisco members.
The Outreach Specialist will serve as the initial and main point of field contact between Anthem and current and potential members.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
· Meets patient in clinic, facility or at home to help identify social determinants of health impacting patient’s health and general well-being.
· Collaborates with social worker and/or care manager to develop action plan.
· Develops trusting relationship with patients by providing support and advocacy to help achieve health goals.
· Assists patients in accessing health-related services and community resources, such as accompaniment to specialist appointments and assistance with enrollment forms.
· Facilitates communication between all parties (patients, families, colleagues, and community-based organizations) as needed.
· Documents interactions with patients and on behalf of patients in medical record.
· Attends meetings as required.
As mentioned above, the Outreach Specialist must reside in Sacramento County or San Francisco County due to face to face visit requirements.
Requires HS Diploma or equivalent with 1 year of experience in a healthcare, community-based, or social work environment; or any combination of education and experience, that would provide an equivalent background.
Demonstrated knowledge using electronic medical record
Certified Community Health Worker and Bilingual (Spanish) communication skills preferred
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few. Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.