Anthem Metrics Exec Advisor (Business Intelligence Advisor)-Indianapolis onsite preferred-PS14522 in Richmond, Virginia
Metrics Exec Advisor (Business Intelligence Advisor)-Indianapolis onsite preferred-PS14522
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Field: Reporting & Data Analysis
Requisition #: PS14522
Post Date: 5 days ago
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Metrics Exec Advisor (Business Intelligence Advisor) Indianapolis preferred
The Metrics Executive Advisor (Business Intelligence Advisor) will have a deep understanding of healthcare operations, operational data and systems. The Advisor will take a consultative role in supporting the Commercial Claims and G&A organizations along with departmental leadership, adding value by articulating the data needs of business units by analyzing data trends and outliers. They will develop and execute on the business intelligence strategy for the domains by providing insight to the business utilizing an array of reporting tools and analytics.
The position functions as a resource for the Commercial Claims and G&A operational business units, including helping to drive connectivity with finance, actuarial and other operational domains. The position will provide disciplined, rigorous and sophisticated analyses aimed at transparency, identifying successes and opportunities for improvement. They will also consult with business partners to support decision making and driving intelligent action to support One Anthem transformation. The Advisor will work with departmental management and other Advisors to assimilate and analyze cross domain metrics.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Lead the consolidated reporting and analysis efforts and executive reporting
• Responsible for the execution of initiatives and programs with a primary focus on advanced analytics and capabilities (data, analytic platforms, and analytic applications & tools) that are used to drive growth and transformation for the identified operational units.
• Responsible for working with departmental personnel to optimize reporting and analytic practices to realize efficiencies in the lights-on operations within the department.
• Works closely with business partners to provide statistical analytical rigor in support of day-to-day and critical business decisions
• Works with domain specific teams to source data and develop analyzes to gain business insights and support business objectives
• Ensure the integrity and security of data is held to the highest standards by working with data management
• Create proactive analytics to ensure optimal decision making by business partners and retrospective summaries to tell the operational story
• Make process improvement recommendations based on analytics activities through data analysis as well as other sources of information such as work force management, claims analyst, internal leadership discussions etc.
• Requires: BA/BS degree; MBA or BA/BS degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Finance, preferred
• 7+ years of progressive large scale project management and/or strategic planning and execution; experience with analytics packages; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
• Strong business acumen within healthcare industry including but not limited to operations and finance
• Ability to clearly articulate business requirements allowing for the data aggregation of multiple disparate data sources into a consumable data set
• Strong understanding Microsoft SQL Business Intelligence suite of tools including SSDB, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, MDS, and all related components and tools such as SQL Management Studio, SQL Data Tools in Visual Studio (with BIDS Helper), SQL Server Report Builder and PowerBI Desktop.
• Ability to generate clear, concise and comprehensive analyses that tell the story behind the data and drives intelligent action
• Proficiency in data visualization / dashboard best practices preferred.
• Excellent relationship management and oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate sophisticated statistical models and other complex quantitative information at levels suitable for a broader business audience
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2015 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran.