Anthem, Inc Business Analyst II/III-Remote within 50 miles of multiple locations (PS26767) in Richmond, Virginia
Business Analyst II/III-Remote within 50 miles of multiple locations (PS26767)
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Requisition #: PS26767
Post Date: Sep 10, 2019
YourTalent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and thefoundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for ourmembers, greater value for our customers, and greater health for ourcommunities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to youand those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and aFortune Top 50 Company.
Business Analyst II orBusiness Analyst III - Remote within 50 miles commuting distance toIndianapolis-IN, Midland-GA, Richmond-VA, South Portland-ME, Denver-CO(PS26767)
This position collaborates with business and IT partners to facilitate and manage the end-to-end resolution of production issues which may impact multiple business areas, functions and system platforms. Collaborating with business partners, this position will drive timely resolution of production issues per agreed upon Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Business Analyst II
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
· Analyzes business needs to determine optimal means of meeting those needs.
· Determines specific business application software requirements to address specific business needs.
· Works with programming staff to ensure requirements will be incorporated into system design and testing.
· Acts as liaison with users of the software to address questions/issues.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
· Accountable for end-to-end resolution of all reported incidents and inquiries.
· Provide issue management by coordinating proper resources for resolution of high severity issues in a timely manner.
· Triage a wide range of production issues; perform research & analysis required to determine root cause.
· Analyzes complex end-user needs and develops specific business application software requirements to resolve production issues.
· Route work to appropriate areas for further analysis as required or into appropriate process for resolution (e.g. LO, SSCR).
· Perform analysis, testing and follow-up on all production support issues and/or inquiries.
· Responsible for coordination with technical teams and any other areas required for issue/inquiry resolution.
· Produce or request impact reports to identify claims impacted by a resolved system issue and ensure claims are adjusted.
· Assess risk, ensure business partners understand risk/impact and assist in prioritization of production issues.
· Analyzes system issues to evaluate root cause and design/develop solutions to mediate issue. Tests solutions, specifications, modifications or design changes.
· Investigates and documents escalated issues and possible solutions to complex and moderately complex problems. May consult with additional technology resources to solve issues requiring other specialized technical support.
· Ensuresthe appropriate escalation process is followed including open flow of information within the organization and with business, Enterprise Benefit Administration (EBA) & IT partners.
· Trackstrends and report issues to management, providing recommendations for processes and/or systematic solutions to reduce production issues.
· Participates in and/or facilitate the resolution of core issues with various team members to meet turnaround Time (TAT) performance.
· May provide training to customers on software applications and prepare operations, procedures, and methods documentation.
- Strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret.
customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
Capability to lead an internal strategic and/or continuous improvement activity with minimal supervision.
Proficient with Jira Biz/Jira Enterprise.
Demonstrated experience on design & development of use case diagrams, business process model diagrams & flowcharts.
Demonstrated experience with Root Cause Analysis and methodology.
Ability to analyze and document complex business processes.
Advanced skills in Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
Extensive knowledge with Enrollment & Billing and ISG/WGS experience.
Proven and demonstrated skills in requirements development, requirements management and application of best practices.
Business Analyst certification from a recognized industry organization.
Lean/Six Sigma/Agile and/or PMP certification.
-4-7 years of hands-on experience analyzingprocesses in support of health care Enrollment & Billing processing systems.
-Experience communicating with a variety of both business and technology stakeholders and cross-functional groups.
· Requires a BS/BA degree,
· 3-5 years related business analysis experience, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
BA III Qualifications:
· Requires a BS/BA degree,preferably in information systems, computer science or engineering.
· 5-7 years of business analysis experience that includes knowledge of systems capabilities and business operations; or any combination of education and experienced, which would provide an equivalent background.
If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a 'sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed.
**This position is posted as a job family and the selected candidate will be placed into the job level commensurate with their experience
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies amonghealth insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit
us at antheminc.com/careers.