Anthem, Inc. Government Relations Director Senior in North Miami Beach, Florida
SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Responsible for maintaining a portfolio of particularly complex public policy issues facing the company, serving as an internal and external subject matter expert, and leading related activities, including developing and implementing strategies surrounding enterprise legislative and regulatory positions.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
Serves internally and externally as a subject matter expert for the issues included in their portfolio.
Leads related public policy activities including:
· Develops positions that support enterprise objectives, develops persuasive advocacy materials, coordinates related activities, and facilitates the flow of information between impacted areas.
· Develops proactive policy agendas at the state and federal levels related to public policy issues covered in the portfolio.
· Reviews Regulatory Alerts, and ensures Regulatory Affairs and the Mandates organization have timely background policy and legislative information needed to move forward on the implementation of key legislation or regulations.
· Monitors, evaluates, and tracks proposed legislation and regulations to identify complex public policy issues, assess the impact on the business, and develop recommendations and/or solutions.
· Coordinates complex public policy issues that cut across business divisions.
· Leads Anthem engagement and strategy in workgroups hosted by external industry groups to identify public policy issues impacting the company and to influence their positions, tactics, and strategies to more effectively support enterprise goals.
Develops and implements strategies to advocate enterprise and/or state specific legislative and regulatory positions to support business goals and objectives, which may include:
Serves as internal expert for matters relating to provider reimbursement, network adequacy, provider oversight and transparency in pricing.
establishes and implements proactive strategies to bring new products or extensions of current products to market; monitoring market databases and product review to analyze opportunities.
Represents the enterprise and its specific businesses in advocacy efforts.
Establishes and maintains strong relationships with legislators, regulators, other policymakers and their staff that will support membership growth.
Makes internal and external written and oral presentations on behalf of the company.
Develops coalitions and target grassroots capabilities.
Serves as a leader in trade associations and other advocacy organizations to influence their positions, tactics, and strategies to support enterprise goals.
BA/BS in a related field; 10 years of legislative, regulatory, political, public affairs or industry experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Knowledge of current policy issues impacting the business and industry required.
Excellent Verbal, Written and Presentation Skills
Strong critical thinking, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
Extensive experience writing and developing effective and motivating content for advocacy activities.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few. Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.