Anthem, Inc. Cloud Architect-Contact Center in Mason, Ohio
SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Be responsible for the planning, implementation, and growth of the AWS cloud infrastructure
• Play a lead role in influencing the department and team on cloud strategy.
• Work as a technical leader helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage cloud services.
• Determine the best technologies and software to fit a solution and define standard patterns for cloud enablement
• Build, release, and manage the configuration of all production systems
• Manage a continuous integration and deployment methodology for server-based technologies
• Ensure necessary system security by using best in class cloud security solutions
• Stay current with new technology options and vendor products, evaluating which ones would be a good fit for the company
• Perform proof of concepts and evaluate new Cloud technologies and services.
• Implement continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines when necessary
• Recommend process and architecture improvements
• Troubleshoot the system and solve problems across all platform and application domains
Requires Bachelor's degree in related field; 7 years of experience in architecture/design in relevant technology disciplines; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. 12 years of experience in information technologies and/or 8 years of experience in health care industry preferred.
3+ Years of experience using AWS
• AWS Certifications is a plus.
• Cloud architecture design and implementation
• Experience designing and building web environments on AWS, which includes working with services like EC2, ELB, RDS, lambda and S3
• Experience building and maintaining cloud-native applications
• Experience using DevOps tools in a cloud environment.
• Experience using monitoring solutions like CloudWatch and Splunk
• An understanding of writing Infrastructure-as-Code, using tools like CloudFormation or Terraform
• Experience in troubleshooting distributed systems
• Proficiency in application programming and scripting languages
• Experience in IT security standards.
• Practical knowledge and experience with Agile and SAFE principles and processes.
• Ability to prioritize projects and deliverables
• Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently to support deadlines
• Demonstrate ability to use problem solving techniques such as root cause analysis to resolve issues
• Demonstrate ability to write and present effective materials, including presentations, status reporting, technical diagrams and flowcharts
• Ability to collaborate with a team working across multiple locations
• Demonstrated growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address business problems.
• Strong ability to communicate with stakeholders on a business level and translate their needs into a technical solution.
Hands on experience in building Contact center platform using AWS connect.
Working knowledge in AWS Lex, Polly etc.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few. Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® , is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.