Anthem Advanced Analytics Consultant - PS 5827 (Atlanta, GA - not remote) in Atlanta, Georgia
Advanced Analytics Consultant - PS 5827 (Atlanta, GA - not remote)
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Field: Reporting & Data Analysis
Requisition #: PS5827
Post Date: May 08, 2018
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Member Analytic Models is seeking an experienced Advanced Analytics Consultant to join our growing team. Our team employs advanced analytics to gain critical insights into member behavior drivers and preferences, product/program concepts and value propositions, operational effectiveness and efficiencies, and client specific health gaps and needs.
We consult business leaders and internal partners to apply the insights to test and drive product innovation and enhancement, to target and prioritize the right members for the right program, to measure program outcome and demonstrate value, to help win and retain clients, and to support information based strategic decision making.
Primary duties of this role may include, but are not limited to:
• Provides analytical insights to support business solution development based on quality, use, cost and other key drivers
• Develops and refines analysis templates for problem diagnosis and opportunities assessment
• Contributes to the design of new program/initiative based on test/pilot outcomes
• Develops targeting criteria or customer segmentation based on analytical insights, clinical inputs, product design and operations considerations
• Develops predictive models and other tools that help target the right members
• Conducts in-depth research to address challenging issues in measuring outcomes
• Addresses limitation of certain data sources and evaluates incremental value of new data sources.
• Requires Graduate-level degree with concentration in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Epidemiology, Engineering, Computer Science or Operations Research
• 5-10 years’ experience in related health care analytics; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Experience with developing expert modeling algorithm for segmentation/stratification that supports customized strategies for different customer segments in a major industry highly desirable - healthcare, financial, database/direct marketing, online retails, consulting, etc.
• Substantial analytical experience in healthcare industry preferred.
• Advanced expertise with SAS or equivalents analytical tools comprehensive experience with Teradata, SQL, or equivalent data base tools.
Please note, we currently have one opening for this position. Atlanta GA is our primary location but will consider Richmond VA for the ideal candidate.
This is NOT a remote position .
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2015 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran